Wednesday, April 7, 2010

RE-UNION TO RE-DISCOVER !!!!

RE-UNION TO RE-DISCOVER !!!!
Gurmeen Sethi (1978 Batch)

The night of the re-union finally arrived and we all got together at the lake club lawns after meticulously following the route posted by Atul on the blog. Signing in at the entrance nobody imagined the encounters that followed like........'oh my god ,it's you'......'tere baal sare safed kaise ho gaye?.....'tere baal kahan gaye?'.....tu moti.. ho gayee hai'.....'Yaar you're still the same'......'oh! how nice to see you'.......' oye tujhe kya ho gaya hai?''....' I would'nt have recognised you had I seen you else where'..............!!!!!!!!!!!

The initial intros’ were followed by complimentaries like hand shakes , hugs..pats on the back.. and punches in the stomach etc.It was like the clock turned back and we were all back to being sixteen years old. Everyone was soooooo….. excited and even the most introvert group member could be seen yapping away to glory. The immature disagreements and differences of the school-days were forgotten and now we all met as responsible adults mature enough to laugh at the silly pranks we enjoyed doing in those days.We had sooo much TO ASK....TO TELL.... AND TO RECALL!!It was truly a day of sorts.

Meeting our old teachers and principals' was the yummy chocolate sauce on the ice-cream.....and especially being remembered by them so vividly was a dream come true!!!

Snacks were in plenty and the tables were laden with exotic dishes,...but when the MIND IS SATIATED...IS THERE ROOM TO SATISFY THE STOMACH???


That evening, I, who by worldly standards is MRS H. J SINGH...discovered the maiden 'GURMEEN SETHI' ...I had been in the yesteryears.All these years I had been so busy happily playing the role of a WIFE...MOTHER...DAUGHTER...DAUGHTER-IN-LAW.......that I lost the 'ME' somewhere. But that evening I had done something for myself and re-discovered myself right in the middle of my old friends.

The next day at school took me on a nostalgic trip watching the cricket match.....sitting on the bench of class-IX and remembering the gud old days. Our teachers were such great fun. A round of the school revealed that though a lot had changed towards developing the infra structure along with our own self, yet deep down we still retained the bubbling freshness and innocence of the yesteryears.I shall cherish these memories for years to come.

The credit for this gala event goes majorly to Atul Pandey and Rajiv Tiwari who selflessly gave their ALL-their TIME, EFFORT , BRAINS and a lot ' MORE' to make this re-union a huge success.Also this event would'nt have been possible had it not got the unstinted support and attendance of all the seniors...juniors...and contemporaries.I am grateful to my husband who being away on an official tour ...not only motivated me but also arranged for me to reach chandigarh and be a part of this GR8 event.

Hope this tradition is continued for all times to come as;

'COMING TOGETHER IS A BEGINNING,
WORKING TOGETHER IS PROGRESS,
KEEPING TOGETHER IS SUCCESS.'

2 comments:

  1. Dear Atul Sir,

    We would request for the display of all pictures captured in the camera that day. We are eagerly waiting to have their glimpse.

    Sandeep Mohindra

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great efforts to bring the past to the present.

    ReplyDelete