Saturday, March 20, 2010

MR SP KAKKAR

MR SP KAKKAR

Today, while visiting a Medical Diagonostic Lab in Sec 22, Chandigarh, I happened to notice an old patient being brought in on a wheel chair. Since there was nothing unusual about it, I continued with my work till I heard one of the employees ask the elderly patient if he would like a glass of water while his turn comes. The patient replied, "Thank you, I do not want anything but I want you to finish my tests so that I am relieved of the pain". I turned around to have a closer look because I had heard this firm, confident and reverberating voice before. Sure enough it was our Kakkar Sir. He appeared a bit feeble due to age but had not lost his spark. If I say that I was elated to meet him; it would be an understatement. I have remembered him so very often while working on the blog and while reminiscing the school days. I met him and he was visibly happy to know that I was his student. He had suffered a "fracture of spine" and thus was in great pain. I chose not to indulge him in conversation lest it aggravates his pain. I payed my regards to him and withdrew from there wishing him quick recovery, but not without noting down his contact details. I am sure there would be many like me who would wish to convey their regards and best wishes to him for his speedy recovery. His contact details are:
                              Mr SP Kakkar
                             H.No 340, Sec-46
                             Chandigarh
                             (Mob: 9814123232)

1 comment:

  1. hi Atul
    I know your feelings when you have met our Kakkar sir, as I have also experienced the same feelings when I met him in PGI two times and he was also felt very happy to see me and tried to recall my batch. He is really a strong personality. Very sad to know about his spine injury. I still remember his distinct voice and his continuous advise to sit straight.
    regards
    Chander Shekhar Vashisth

    ReplyDelete